<hardware> The area of a video display that is covered by sweeping the electron beam of the display in a series of horizontal lines from top to bottom. The beam then returns to the top during the vertical flyback interval.

See also CRT, frame buffer.

Last updated: 1995-03-22

Try this search on Wikipedia, OneLook, Google

Nearby terms:

RARP « RAS « RASP « raster » raster blaster » raster burn » raster font