<networking, World-Wide Web> (From "robot") Any type of program that operates as an autonomous agent for a user or simulates some aspect of human activity. Some examples:
- one member of a distibuted malware botnet.
- a web crawler that helps with searching the web.
- a chatbot that converses with humans (or other bots).
- a shopbot that searches the web to find prices of products.
- a Knowbot that collects specific information from websites.
- OpenSesame - software that looks for patterns in how a user navigates a website and customises the site for that user.
Last updated: 2014-02-16
Try this search on Wikipedia, OneLook, Google
Nearby terms: BOS « Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem Code « BOSS « bot » botmaster » botnet » bottom