<hardware> A visually distinct mark on a display indicating where newly typed text will be inserted. The cursor moves as text is typed and, in most modern editors, can be moved around within a document by the user to change the insertion point.

<database> In SQL, a named control structure used by an application program to point to a row of data. The position of the row is within a table or view, and the cursor is used interactively so select rows from columns.

Last updated: 1996-12-27

Try this search on Wikipedia, OneLook, Google

Nearby terms:

currying « curseperl « curses « cursor » cursor dipped in X » CU-SeeMe » CUSI