<jargon> The slider or "bubble" on a window system scrollbar. So called because moving it allows you to browse through the contents of a text window in a way analogous to thumbing through a book.

[Jargon File]

Last updated: 1995-03-14

Try this search on Wikipedia, OneLook, Google

Nearby terms:

throughput « thud « Thumb « thumb » thumbnail » Thunderbird » thunk