<company> (SPI) A non-profit corporation which helps organisations develop and distribute open hardware and open software. SPI's goals are:
* to create, form and establish an organization to formulate and provide software systems for use by the general public without charge;
* to teach and train individuals regarding the use and application of such systems;
* to hold classes, seminars and workshops concerning the proper use and application of computers and computer systems;
* to endeavor to monitor and improve the quality of currently existing publicly available software;
* to support, encourage and promote the creation and development of software available to the general public;
* to provide information and education regarding the proper use of the Internet;
* to organize, hold and conduct meetings, discussions and forums on contemporary issues concerning the use of computers and computer software;
* to foster, promote and increase access to software systems available to the general public;
* to solicit, collect and otherwise raise money and to expend such funds in furtherance of the goals and activities of the corporation;
* to aid, assist, cooperate, co-sponsor and otherwise engage in concerted action with private, educational and governmental organisations and associations on all issues and matters concerning the use of computers and computer software and;
* generally to endeavor to promote, foster and advance interest in computers and computer software by all available means and methods.
SPI currently supports Berlin, Debian, GNOME, LSB, Open Source.
Last updated: 2002-04-14
Try this search on Wikipedia, OneLook, Google
Nearby terms: Software Engineering Environment « software handshaking « software interrupt « Software in the Public Interest, Inc. » software laser » software law » software life-cycle